Career Opportunity for Research Assistant
Due to success in our recent funding applications, we are seeking a research assistant to join the team at the New Zealand Leather & Shoe Research Association Inc. (LASRA®), in Palmerston North. The role will include a range of tasks including extraction, purification, characterisation, and analysis of collagen in support of our research aims, reports, and publications. The ideal candidate will have a strong multi-tasking ability, have good communication and written skills, and be familiar with different analytical instruments. The successful applicant will be highly motivated, with methodical and accurate work habits, and must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a biological science or chemistry.
- Technical: Must have bio-analytical laboratory knowledge including protein purification and analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a high level of scientific literacy in English.
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office. Experience in Origin and graphics software is beneficial.
- Additional training will be provided as needed.
The position is on a permanent, full-time basis and remuneration will be based on experience. If you are a highly motivated, dedicated researcher apply now by sending a cover letter and your CV including contact details of three references, by 5 pm, Thursday 11th January 2018 to Sharon Ryan, PO Box 8094, Hokowhitu, Palmerston North 4446 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website: www.lasra.co.nz.