Career Opportunity for Research Assistant
LASRA has monitored, steered and provided innovative research outputs to the NZ hide and skin processing industry for over 68 years. LASRA is the only leather research institute in Australasia, and one of only 20 world-wide. LASRA’s vision is to provide world-class innovation in leather/collagen science and technology to support a vibrant New Zealand leather manufacturing industry and secure its enduring success. LASRA’s key focus areas are research and innovation, testing and problem solving, training and technology transfer, leadership and advocacy.
Due to success in our recent funding applications, we are seeking a research assistant to join the team at New Zealand Leather & Shoe Research Association Inc. (LASRA®), in Palmerston North. This research assistant role will be as part of the collagen and biomaterials research group and cover a range of tasks including extraction, purification, characterisation, and analysis of proteins in support of our research aims. The ideal candidate will have a strong multi-tasking ability, good communication and written skills, and be familiar with a range of bio-analytical instruments. The successful applicant will be highly motivated, with methodical and accurate work habits and must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have a BSc. in a biological science or relevant related field.
- Must have experience in biochemical techniques, including gel electrophoresis and protein assay.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and have a high level of scientific literacy in English.
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office. Experience in Origin and graphics software would be beneficial.
- Must have a valid NZ work permit.
- Additional training for this role will be provided as needed.
The position is on a permanent, full-time basis and remuneration will be based on experience (range 35-42 k). If you are a highly motivated, dedicated researcher with the required background apply now by sending a cover letter and your CV, including contact details of three references, by 5 pm, Monday 11th June 2018 to Sharon Ryan, PO Box 8094, Hokowhitu, Palmerston North 4446 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website: www.lasra.co.nz.
Link to seek page